How it all began...

Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Before I get started on how I became a fan of BTS, I would like to share you with some of the basic details as well as background as to how I ended up living in Korea and some of the incidents related to Kpop which I had experienced.

I started listening to Kpop around 2009 when 'Gee' from SNSD became popular and I got intrigued by how cute the dance was and everything. I got a few classmates who were into the kpop scene as well and since then I began listening to Kpop. I was an elf and when Suju took flight with 'Sorry Sorry', my love for kpop too flight as well. Haha. I bought quite a few of their albums and then things happened in 2009 with Suju, Hangeng leaving and Kibum not joining in with promotions etc. I guessed that kind of made my love for them died or something because of the lack of shows I guess. There was sukira and stuff but I knew no Korean back then.

I entered high school in 2010 and then it took about a year later before I became an Inspirit. I even bought the third membership back then. Haha. I had fun fangirling over them and I was overjoyed when the hidden track for 'The Chaser' was my bias. That was my first album from Infinite. I started doing part time job and soon enough I had more money to buy their previous albums and stuff. So after graduating from high school, I think that was when I was the most deep into the kpop fangirling thing. I decided that my love for kpop idols would never be satisfied until I head to Korea to study Korean and pursue my tertiary education.

So, I went to Korea in the autumn of 2012 and began my Korean language studies after 5 years I'm at my last semester of university. Haha. It seems lie as if it was just yesterday that I had decided to come to Korea and right now I'm almost on the end of my university life.

I stopped following Infinite around the end of 2013 I think because I was getting busy with university preparation and I had seen them several times during open concerts and I had also attended one of their concerts. There was also several incidents with other inspirits which was rather traumatizing for me and for some reason, it just made me stop liking them gradually. I still care about them but I would not say that I was that into them as compared to 2011.

I was more involved in my university life from 2014-2016 and then suddenly there was a lot of things which happened to me at the end of 2016. I believed it was that period of time which made me feel really exhausted about life and somehow BTS just came into my life. I went to mnet since I was bored with my friends and I saw BTS performed 'Not Today' and 'Spring Day'. It was 20170223. That was the day which kind of changed my life I guess. XD It sounds really dramatic here but I guess it's somewhat true? Haha. Ever since then, I became more and more interested into them and boom! I rode the roller coaster. ^^ I'm still on the ride. Haha.

It's been over 6 months I guess? since I last saw them and I'm awaiting for their comeback right now on 18th September. I honestly can't wait to see them again and hopefully everything will turn out great!

Yeah... So I guess this was my simple summary of what happened to my kpop life for the past 7 years? XD

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

When did you become an army?